Engineering and Product Development Services
Brighton Cromwell’s valued added engineering and product development services have saved the US DoD millions of dollars on numerous parts and kits supporting the US Military platforms. Brighton Cromwell achieves these cost savings and reduced logistics response times (LRT) in part through utilization of the DoD’s Replenish Parts Purchase or Borrow (RPPOB) Program and via commercial acquisition to ensure baseline compliance in a new product development (NPD) cycle.
The new product development cycle includes identification and stratification of NPD goal items. Goal items are identified to:
- Create competition in the case of sole source items
- Reduce government/taxpayers costs when clearly identified parts, kits, or component cost drivers can be controlled
- To increase available sources of supply to mitigate the reduction in the industrial base resulting from:
- Reduced competitive acquisitions
- Continued expansion within the largest defense contractors market.
Efforts to reduce costs, increase competition, and support the industrial base are among the prime goals of the various Better Buying Power (BBP-BBPIII) initiatives. Savings are based on quantifiable hard cost savings calculated using cost/cost driver variances and both historic and forecasted demand quantities.
Engineering services utilized in the NPD cycle include validation of authenticity of:
- The base available drawing and/or revision
- Reverse engineering capabilities
- Component and item destructives
- Stress testing
- Metallurgy analysis
- Design engineering
- Prototype creations and development
- Quality assurance testing
- Creation of applicable technical development packages (TDP).
Brighton Cromwell also identifies, validates, and performs quality audits on potential contract subcontractors, develops, audits, and reviews source approval request (SAR) packages, and completes cost/benefit analysis based on internally approved outputs from the NPD cycle.
- Reverse Engineering
- Metrology Level 3D Scanning
- Complete Material Analysis
- Dimensional Validation
- Performance Testing
- Product Development
- Product Redesign/Product Improvement
- Source Approval Requests (SARs)
- TDP Developed Per Level 3 Production Level (MIL-DTD-31000A)
- ASME Y14.5 – 2009 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Reverse Engineering
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- DVP amp; R
- Process Flow
- Control Plan
- Quality Assurance (QA/QC)
- FAIR AS9102B
- Inspection Xpert
- Alloy Analyzer
- Metrology Level 3D Scan and Inspect